You can contact us about the following matters:
- The financial health of an institution we regulate
- The prudent management of those institutions
- Any possible failures to comply with the laws APRA administers
- Feedback on how we are performing our duties
As the prudential regulator, APRA will be generally unable to assist with:
- complaints about your institution or its products
- the progress of your personal affairs with an institution
- concerns about shares, housing prices, mortgage terms and conditions
To enquire about these types of matters you will need to contact the relevant institution directly.
Please check Providing information on the institutions APRA regulates for guidance.
Our call centre is open Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) except for public holidays.
Journalists and media organisations
See our Media Unit
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment
Contact us through the National Relay Service on:
For more information, visit the National Relay Service website
Translating or interpreting services
This information is available in Chinese, Spanish, Greek, Japanese, Indonesian, Italian, Korean and Vietnamese
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
Areas that you can contact directly to:
- make a general enquiry info [at] apra.gov.au
- submit a media enquiry communications [at] apra.gov.au
- use a restricted word such as 'bank' in a business name (read the information about applying then contact) PADRequestsFAE [at] apra.gov.au
- get a licence to operate as an ADI, insurer or superannuation entity Licensing [at] apra.gov.au
- find details of a former APRA-regulated institution that no longer exists DataAnalytics [at] apra.gov.au
- receive a letter saying your superannuation fund is a complying fund APRATeam [at] datacom.com.au
Subscribe for updates
A subscription service is available for the APRA website. Please see our Subscribe page for further information.
Financial Claims Scheme consumer website
The Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) is an Australian Government initiative that protects depositors of authorised deposit-taking institutions (banks, building societies and credit unions) and policyholders of general insurance companies from potential loss due to the failure of these institutions. If the FCS is activated by the Australian Government, APRA will be responsible for administering the Scheme.
Detailed information on the Financial Claims Scheme can be accessed on the consumer website: www.fcs.gov.au.
Freedom of information (FOI) requests
Information for whistleblowers
A ‘whistleblower’ is a person who exposes or brings to public attention an irregularity or a crime, especially from within an organisation.
Further details can be accessed at: Information on being a 'whistleblower' and making a public interest disclosure.
Technical assistance with D2A
In the first instance, please refer to the Common D2A errors page. Additional information can be found:
If you experience a technical issue with the D2A application, please log a support request with the D2A Help Desk by emailing support [at] apra.gov.au.
For urgent resolution contact the D2A Help Desk on +61 2 9210 3400 between 9am and 5pm (EST) weekdays.
Complaints and feedback
APRA accepts feedback about the performance of our service and functions. Any complaint or compliment will be referred to the appropriate manager for action.
If you lodge a complaint about APRA, we will respond to your complaint within 15 working days. Dealing with complaints in a timely manner is part of APRA's commitment to best practice complaints-handling. Our complaints-handling standards incorporate key elements of the ISO 10002:2004 Australian Standard on Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling on organisations, and we aim to ensure that our complaints-handling standard is consistently accessible and responsive. Further information can be accessed at: APRA’s complaints-handling standards.
Compliments provide a clear view of what APRA's clients' value about APRA and the work it does. If you submit a compliment about APRA we will:
- record the details of the compliment;
- acknowledge the compliment; and
- send a notice to the staff member/s involved and their supervisor to acknowledge a job well done.