Legislation for general insurers
The following legislation relates to the supervision of the General Insurance industry and includes links to the Federal Register of Legislation.
- Insurance Act 1973 (current)
- Insurance Regulations 2002 (current)
- Insurance Act 1973 (as in force before 1 July 2002)
- Insurance Regulations 1974 (as in force before 1 July 2002)
- General Insurance Supervisory Levy Imposition Act 1998
Shareholdings, changes in control and transfers of business legislation regarding the approval of shareholdings in general insurers, changes in control or directorship of general insurers and transfers of certain assets and/or liabilities. Sections 17 and Part II, Division 3A of the Insurance Act 1973 may also be relevant.
- Financial Sector (Shareholdings) Act 1998
- Insurance (Acquisitions and Takeovers) Act 1991
- Financial Sector (Transfer and Restructure) Act 1999
- Financial Sector (Business Transfer and Group Restructure) determination No. 1 of 2017
- Financial Sector (Business Transfer and Group Restructure) determination No. 2 of 2017
- Financial Sector (Collection of Data) Act 2001
- Information on the prudential reporting framework for general insurers
- Financial Sector (Collection of Data) exemption No. 1 of 2023