Personal and sensitive information that APRA collects is used:
- for prudential regulation and enforcement activities in respect of the Australian financial services industry;
- to respond to requests under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 or Privacy Act 1988;
- to provide information to those requesting to be on an APRA mailing list;
- to employ staff, engage contractors and maintain the operations of APRA in compliance with legislation, rules and guidelines;
- to answer inquiries and process complaints made to APRA or respond to inquiries from the Commonwealth Ombudsman; and
- in correspondence with overseas regulators.
APRA is committed to:
- having access to the appropriate information, including personal and sensitive information, to enable APRA to fulfil its prudential regulatory remit and its obligations as an employer, contractor and government agency;
- ensuring that personal and sensitive information held is accurate and securely maintained; and
- ensuring individuals have a means to access and, if necessary, request the correction of personal and sensitive information held by APRA.
Visiting APRA’s website - analytics tools and cookies
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service.
Where APRA’s websites allow visitors to make comments or provide feedback APRA may collect visitors’ contact details. These contact details will only be used for the purpose for which they are provided and will not be added to a mailing list without consent.