Common D2A errors
One of the following error messages may appear when refreshing forms or submitting a return:
Possible logfile entry*
|The AUSkey acknowledgement process has not been completed.||Party with ABN XXXXXXXXXXX is not allowed to use AUSkey||Complete the AUSkey acknowledgement process.|
|A proxy server is required for the D2A application to connect to the internet, and has not been entered, or has been entered incorrectly.||Communication to the server has failed, please check that the Proxy Host Name has been entered||Enter a valid proxy server into your D2A installation.|
|The user's AUSkey has expired or been revoked.||Event Description: [Business User Credential has been revoked.]. User Advice: [Agency to advise Business User that their Credential has been revoked and they should contact the issuing Certificate Authority for assistance.]||Enter a valid AUSkey. Refer to the AUSkey website for more information or to register for an AUSkey.|
|D2A has been installed with an ABN that is not in APRA’s database.||Incorrect result size: expected 1, actual 0||Reinstall D2A with an ABN that is in APRA’s database. Please note: the ABN of a D2A installation cannot be changed.|
|You are using an old version of D2A. All users of D2A must use version 5.3 or later to submit, view and retrieve data via D2A. Version 5.3 and later of D2A supports the use of AUSkey only.||You are using an old version of D2A client. You must upgrade to the latest version in order to proceed||Upgrade D2A to the latest version. Refer to the D2A web page for more information.|
|You are trying to submit an out-dated return/form.||Your submission contains a form version that has been superseded. Please refresh your forms before trying again||
AUSkey is unavailable
AUSkey is unavailable to select after the 'Load Keystore' button is clicked.
D2A automatically detects an AUSkey to the default location. The ABN you use to install D2A must be the same as your AUSkey ABN. For super funds, this must be the ABN of the fund Trustee or external administrator.
There are two possible causes for this issue:
- The ABN used to install D2A, and the ABN of the AUSkey do not match. You need to either:
- Install D2A with the correct ABN; or
- Obtain an AUSkey with the correct ABN.
- The AUSkey is not installed in the default location. Refer to the AUSkey website for the default installation location of your AUSkey.
Please note: AUSkey on a USB cannot be used with D2A and is not supported.
Submit button is unavailable
A return/form is missing
When a return/form is missing from the Form Chooser, complete the following:
- Refresh the forms.
- The return/form is not required to be submitted by your organisation. D2A only downloads forms that are required by your organisation; or
- The return/form is not due within the next eight weeks. The Forms Chooser only displays returns due within an eight week period.
If you believe there is a return/form missing email: dataanalytics [at] apra.gov.au.
An entity is missing
When an entity is missing from the Entity Chooser, complete the following:
- Update the Entity Chooser; or
- Refresh the forms.
If all the expected entities are not listed, email: dataanalytics [at] apra.gov.au (dataanalytics)dataanalytics [at] apra.gov.au (@apra.gov.au).
Unable to submit acknowledgment
The AUSkey acknowledgement process must be completed before using AUSkey. To complete this process:
- Navigate and login to the APRA extranet using your AUSkey.
- In the left navigation bar - click D2A > AUSkey Acknowledgement Request.
This option is only available if:
- The ABN of the AUSkey is the ABN of an APRA-regulated entity. Non-regulated entities (e.g. GI intermediaries) cannot complete the AUSkey acknowledgement process via the APRA Extranet;
- The ABN of the AUSkey is not a super fund. For super funds, the ABN of the AUSkey must be the ABN of the fund trustee; and
- The email address of the AUSkey must be the email address of the CEO, CFO, Prudential Contact or Company Secretary of the entity as per APRA’s database.
- Read the conditions related to the use of AUSkey and select agree to accept.
- Click Submit.
Please ensure the contact information for the CEO, CFO, Prudential Contact or Company Secretary is up to date in APRA’s database. To update your details email: dataanalytics [at] apra.gov.au.
Non regulated entitles may download the AUSkey Acknowledgement Form and send the original to the registrar [at] apra.gov.au (APRA) Registrar.
Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence
This message is received when opening a saved return that contains one or more invalid characters. It may be caused when copying text from applications such as Excel or Word. It means the return is corrupt. Start a new return and re-enter the data.
Receipt has not been received
Receipt emails are sent to the email address used to instal D2A. To check the email address, open the About window from the Help menu. To change this email address, D2A will need to be re-installed.
Please note: Receipt emails cannot be re-generated, however you can download previously submitted returns.
Unable to PDF form
PDF versions of select forms and returns only can be created using the Print PDF option from the File menu, or the Print PDF toolbar button.
If you receive the error: 'Can't do Print PDF.... The option to Print PDF is currently unavailable for the selected form(s)', use a third party PDF creator or printer to make a PDF file.
- Go to the Common D2A errors page.
- More detailed information is available in the:
- Log a support request with the D2A Help Desk at support [at] apra.gov.au.
- For urgent issues call +61 2 9210 3400 between 9am and 5pm AEST weekdays.
Need help with AUSkey?
Need help with data validation rules?
Go to the Validation and derivation rules page or contact dataanalytics [at] apra.gov.au.