D2A system and authentication requirements
Supported operating systems*
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 (versions that have not yet reached end of service)
* Although D2A may work with other operating platforms (including Windows XP, Vista, 7, and tablet-specific platforms), these are not supported by APRA.
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GB available hard disk free space
- 1GHz or faster, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Write access to the directory specified by the TEMP environment variable and the D2A installation directory
- Internet access
D2A uses the ATO’s myGovID machine credentials for authentication. Administrators need to complete three steps to set up and administer their own myGovID and create a machine credential. The links given below are to ATO published materials.
|1. Obtain a digital identity||2. Link ABN and authorise others||3. Create a machine credential|
|D2A administrators (Principal Authority and
Machine Credential Administrator) must set up their digital identity and obtain a myGovID.
|Entities need to ensure that their business ABN is linked and administrators are authorised in RAM.||For D2A, a Machine Credential Administrator will need to create a
machine credential (this is not required for Extranet).
|MyGovID||Relationship Authorisation Manager|
APRA is replacing D2A
APRA is undertaking a major transformation program to keep pace with advancements in data, analytics and technology. Entities will need to transition to the new Data Collection Solution in 2020.
- Please refer to the Common D2A errors page.
- Additional information can be found in the:
- Log a support request with the D2A Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For urgent issues call +61 2 9210 3400 between 9am and 5pm AEST weekdays.
Need help with myGovID?
Refer to the ATO myGovID website.
Need help with data validation rules?
The D2A Help Desk cannot assist with validation errors or warnings in D2A returns. For information on validation rules and guidelines, refer to your industry's Reporting requirements page.
For further enquiries about validation rules, please contact: email@example.com.