Accessing APRA Connect
Last updated: 27 June 2022
APRA Connect has a production and a test environment, which are separate. There is no data transfer between the two environments and therefore entities will need to be set up in both environments.
Access APRA Connect test environment at https://connect-test.apra.gov.au to become familiar with APRA Connect, trialling data preparation and other functionalities.
Each organisation is responsible for the management of their APRA Connect users, and for ensuring roles are assigned in line with their own governance processes.
Accessing APRA Connect:
- Entities must ensure that all users have myGovID to establish their digital identity and be authorised by their organisation in RAM to access APRA services on its behalf.
- Entities must nominate one user for each ABN who will be assigned by APRA to the Regulatory Reporting Administrator (RRA) role, which is the only role with permissions to manage user access. For more information on User Roles and Administration, please review the APRA Connect Guide.
- APRA Administrators will assist by assigning the initial Regulatory Reporting Administrator with their roles and permissions upon their first interaction with APRA Connect. Entities should nominate via the D2A form ‘RRA_PROD: APRA Connect nomination for 13 September go live’. Entities will also need to nominate any additional roles that are required to be assigned to the initial RRA. The additional roles that can be requested for the initial RRA are Corporate Profile Administrator and Ad hoc return permissions.
- Nominations to access the APRA Connect test environment can also be submitted through the D2A form: RRA: APRA Connect test nomination. APRA will assign the initial RRA the additional roles of Corporate Profile User and Ad hoc return permissions for the test environment only. This will ensure that the RRA can cover all capability areas where an entity chooses to assign only one RRA.
- Entities that do not use D2A currently should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Note for RAM Administrators
The email address that is used in RAM can be different from the email address used for myGovID digital identity. When setting up authorisations, a business email address should be specified. This email address will be used by APRA Connect for all email notifications.
Service Providers must be authorised in RAM by the organisation on whose behalf they submit, i.e. their authorisation must be associated with the organisation’s ABN, not their own.
Using APRA Connect
Log a support request with the Service Desk at email@example.com and ensure that you include the ABN of the entity the issue relates to.
For urgent issues call +61 2 9210 3400 between 9am and 5pm AEST weekdays.
Need help with myGovID or RAM?