Skip to main content

Extranet frequently asked questions

What is the APRA Extranet?

The APRA Extranet is a secure portal for APRA-regulated institutions to report data to APRA outside of the reporting requirements of D2A, including to submit breaches and Internal Loss Data Refresh (ILDR) data, as well as to create and track MySuper applications. The Extranet is accessible from the in the top right corner of APRA’s website.

Why do I need to use the Extranet?

The Extranet enables you to report breaches using the online form, to upload ILDR data, and to lodge MySuper Authorisation applications.

What do I need to be able to use the Extranet?

Users of APRA Extranet will need to set up their own myGovID and ensure that their entity has authorised them to act on the entity’s behalf for APRA services, which are now available in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). More information is available here.

Please visit the ATO website for information about obtaining a myGovID and using RAM.

What is the difference between myGovID, RAM and a machine credential?

  • myGovID – The Australian Government’s new digital identity provider that lets you prove who you are when using participating government services online. myGovID is an individual identifier.

    D2A administrators (Principal Authority and Machine Credential Administrator) must set up their digital identity and obtain a myGovID.
  • Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) - An authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business online when interacting with government services, using your myGovID.

    Entities need to ensure that their business ABN is linked and administrators are authorised in Relationship Authorisation Manager.
  • Machine credentials – The machine credential replaces the current AUSkey device certificate to support the use of desktop clients such as D2A. A machine credential is not required to access the Extranet. 

How do I access the Extranet?

You can access the Extranet in the top right corner of APRA’s website. 

Who should I contact if I have any questions of problems?

For more information please contact your Responsible Supervisor.