APRA's organisation structure
APRA organisation structure
The APRA Executive Group consists of
- John Lonsdale, Chair
- Helen Rowell, Deputy Chair
- Margaret Cole, Deputy Chair
- Therese McCarthy Hockey, APRA Member
- Suzanne Smith, APRA Member
The Audit & Risk Committee, Chief Internal Auditor and Chief Risk Officer – report directly to the Executive Group. The Chief Internal Auditor is Shane Campbell and the Chief Risk Officer is Philip Wang.
Eight Executive Directors report to the Executive Group. The Executive Directors and the management teams that report to them include:
Chief of Staff, Karina Keisler (acting)
- General Manager Corporate Affairs, Paula Hannaford
Executive Director, Policy & Advice, Clare Gibney
- General Manager Policy, Gideon Holland
- General Manager Advice, Approvals and Licensing, Robert Armstrong
- General Counsel and General Manager Legal, Lucinda McCann
- General Manager Resolution, Paul Tattersall
- General Manager - Financial Regulator Assessment Authority Review, Raman Sandhu
Executive Director, Banking, Renée Roberts
- General Manager - Branch 1, Tracey Bragg (acting)
- General Manager - Branch 2, Lara Douglas
- General Manager - Branch 3, Chris Gower
- General Manager Credit and Market Risk, Peter Diamond
Executive Director, Insurance, Sean Carmody
- General Manager - Branch 1, Sharyn Reichstein
- General Manager - Branch 2, John Huijsen
- General Manager - Branch 3, Peter Kohlhagen
- Head of Insurance Risk, Jonathan Wood
Executive Director, Superannuation, Carmen Beverley-Smith
- General Manager - Branch 1, Adrian Rees
- General Manager - Branch 2, Katrina Ellis
- General Manager - Branch 3, Mike Cornwell
Executive Director, Cross-Industry, Brandon Khoo
- General Manager - Macro and Industry Insights, Megan Fenner (acting)
- General Manager Operational Resilience, Alison Bliss
- General Manager Governance, Culture, Remuneration & Accountability, Stuart Bingham
- General Manager Supervision Approach & Systems, Suzanne Johnson
Executive Director, Technology & Data, Bruce Young
- Chief Information Officer, Doug Jenkins
- Chief Data Officer, Michael Murphy (acting)
Chief Operating Officer, Enterprise Services, Steve Matthews
- General Manager People and Culture, Joanna Bakker
- Chief Financial Officer, TBC
- Head of Project Delivery, Dave D'Mello
Divisions of APRA
APRA is organised into the following eight divisions plus two independent internal teams:
- Policy and Advice
- Enterprise Services
- Technology and Data
- Chief of Staff
- Internal Audit team
- Enterprise Security and Risk team
APRA has an industry-based supervision model, with separate supervisory divisions responsible for superannuation, insurance and banking. These frontline divisions focus on financial and risk analysis as the primary part of their supervision function. This involves offsite analysis of data and information, regular contact with the supervised institutions as well as a continual program of onsite reviews.
- The Banking division supervises licensed authorised deposit-taking institutions including banks, credit unions and building societies.
- The Insurance division supervises all licensed general insurers, life companies and friendly societies, as well as private health insurance organisations.
- The Superannuation division supervises all registered superannuation entity licensees.
The Policy and Advice division ensures that APRA's frontline supervisors have the best possible tools to support them in their risk analysis and supervisory interventions. This division consists of Legal Services, Policy, Advice and Approvals, Resolution, and Licensing.
The Cross-Industry division brings together industry analysts and risk experts to assist frontline to supervise individual entities and industries as a whole. This division consists of Credit and Market Risk, Governance, Insurance and Operational Risk, Data Analytics and Supervisory Applications & Solutions functions.
Enterprise Services provides corporate shared services functions that assist other divisions in achieving APRA's strategic objectives. The division consists of People and Culture, Finance and Project and Portfolio Management functions.
The Technology and Data division is responsible for APRA’s core data capabilities including data management, data collection design, business and enterprise data reporting and data governance. The team also manages APRA’s day-to-day technology operations.
The Chief of Staff division is responsible for key stakeholder management and integrated communications to internal and external audiences. It also provides strategic advice to ensure APRA delivers on its commitment to transparency and to optimise understanding of APRA’s work. The division consists of Corporate Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Strategy and Governance functions.
The Internal Audit team advises on managing risk across all of APRA, with an independent reporting line to the Audit Committee and direct access to the APRA Members and Executive Board.
The Enterprise Security and Risk team advises on enterprise security and risk management across APRA, with an independent reporting line to the Audit Committee and direct access to the APRA Members and Executive Board.