Go to top of page

Apply for a MySuper or eligible rollover fund authorisation

Who needs to hold an authorisation?

A registrable superannuation entity (RSE) licensee that intends to offer a MySuper product or operate a regulated superannuation fund as an eligible rollover fund (ERF), must seek authorisation from APRA. RSE licensees must apply for authorisation for each MySuper product they wish to offer.

APRA cannot authorise a MySuper product for a fund that has fewer than five members or is an ERF. Only public offer-class RSE licensees may operate an ERF.

MySuper products and ERF authorisations can only be issued to RSE licence holders in respect of a registered APRA-regulated superannuation fund (RSE). If you wish to apply for an RSE licence and/or register an RSE, you need to apply via the approved forms available on the licensing section.

Application guidelines

For more information on MySuper and ERF authorisation, see the relevant instruction guide. The guidelines outline APRA’s authorisation process for MySuper and ERFs, including the minimum criteria to be addressed by applicants and the necessary information required to be lodged with an application.

Before you lodge your application for MySuper or ERF authorisation, ensure you have read and are familiar with the prudential framework for superannuation, including relevant legislation, prudential standards and prudential practice guides. You can find all of this information on the superannuation supervision web pages.

Application form

The approved form should be completed and lodged with APRA with the required supporting information.

How to access online forms:

More information

For more information on MySuper or ERF authorisation, please contact your APRA responsible supervisor, or APRA on 1300 55 88 49 or email info [at] apra.gov.au.

Lodging MySuper and ERF forms

MySuper and ERF forms can only be lodged with APRA using an AUSkey that has been issued to a Trustee ABN. If you have an AUSkey that has been issued to a Fund ABN, the MySuper and ERF forms cannot be lodged with APRA.