APRA's mandate, vision and values
Our mandate is to protect the Australian Community by establishing and enforcing prudential standards and practices designed to ensure that, under all reasonable circumstances, financial promises made by institutions we supervise are met within a stable, efficient and competitive financial system.
Our vision is to deliver a sound and resilient financial system, founded on excellence in prudential supervision.
Our values underpin the critical role we play in protecting the financial well-being of the Australian community. Our values were selected to help everyone at APRA to achieve the high standards necessary for us to protect the financial well-being of the Australian community. In our work and in our interactions with others, we seek to demonstrate:
- Integrity – we act without bias, are balanced in the use of our powers, and deliver on our commitments.
- Collaboration – we actively seek out and encourage diverse points of view, to produce well-founded decisions
- Accountability – we are open to challenge and scrutiny, and take responsibility for our actions
- Respect – we are always respectful of others, and their opinions and ideas
- Excellence – we maintain high standards of quality and professionalism in all that we do