The Annual Superannuation Bulletin provides information on the whole of the superannuation industry.
The publications are available in two electronic formats: Adobe PDF for printing (containing data for the most recent periods) and Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
APRA has re-released the June 2011 Annual Superannuation Bulletin to reflect revisions and movements in the industry since the publication was released in February 2012.
June 2011 (revised 9 January 2013): PDF | Excel
The June 2013 edition of the Annual Superannuation Bulletin will be released in the first quarter of 2014.
Data in the Annual Superannuation Bulletin have been prepared from the following sources:
- Superannuation returns submitted to APRA under the Financial Sector (Collection of Data) Act 2001. For blank copies of the returns and associated instructions click here;
- Data from annual returns submitted to APRA by select exempt public sector superannuation schemes in Australia. There are 19 exempt public sector schemes that report to APRA under a Heads of Government agreement between the Commonwealth and each of the State and Territory Governments;
- Data provided by the Australian Tax Office in respect of self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs);
- Data provided by the Australian Bureau of Statistics on superannuation assets held with investment managers. The specific figures used are derived from the ABS publication 5655.0 - Managed Funds in Australia;
- Returns submitted to APRA under the Life Insurance Act (1995) by registered life companies in Australia; and
- Returns submitted to APRA by retirement savings account providers under the Retirement Savings Account Act (1997).
For more information about the statistics in the publications:
Or write to:
Manager, Superannuation Statistics
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
GPO Box 9836