Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Applying for an RSE licence

Trustees of all registrable superannuation entities (RSEs) need to be licensed by APRA. These entities include:
  • APRA regulated superannuation funds;
  • small APRA funds (SAFs);
  • approved deposit funds (ADFs); and
  • pooled superannuation trusts (PSTs).
RSEs do not include exempt public-sector superannuation schemes or self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) regulated by the Australian Taxation Office.
Application Kit
Applicants should read the following licensing material, and also refer to the relevant superannuation guidance material available, before applying for an RSE licence with APRA.
  • RSE licence (other than an Acting Trustee)
(Additional attachments for application form only - A5, A7, A11.)

  • Acting Trustee RSE licence
Please contact APRA's Enforcement prior to making an application.
(Additional attachments for application form only - A5, A6, A7.)
Where an application for an RSE licence has been lodged and changes have been made to the composition of the board or group of individual trustees before APRA has decided the application, you must notify APRA on the changes of the approved forms.
After RSE licence has been granted
For further information

For further information on superannuation licensing and registration please contact APRA on 1300 55 88 49 or by email using our online form.