This page may help you to identify and resolve some commonly encountered errors. If your issue is not covered here, please also refer to the D2A Help Guide.
Note: The D2A Help Desk cannot assist with completing forms, or validation errors or warnings that may be encountered in D2A returns. Please refer to the D2A web page for more information.
- Operation Failed
- No AUSkey is available for selection after the Load Keystore button is clicked
- The Submit toolbar button is not available
- A return/form is missing from the Form Chooser
- An entity is missing from Entity Chooser
- Unable to submit AUSkey acknowledgment via the APRA Extranet
- Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence
- Submission receipt email is not received
- Unable to use the Print PDF option in D2A
- Further Assistance
One of the following error messages may be returned when refreshing forms or submitting a return:
|AUSkey acknowledgement process has not been completed.
||Party with ABN XXXXXXXXXXX is not allowed to use AUSkey
||You need to complete the AUSkey acknowledgement process.|
|A proxy server is required for the D2A application to connect to the internet, and has not been entered or has been entered incorrectly.
||Communication to the server failed, please check that Proxy Host Name has been entered
||You need to enter a valid proxy server into your D2A installation. Please refer to the Firewall and proxy settings section of the D2A Help Guide.|
|The user's AUSkey has expired or been revoked.
||Event Description: [Business User Credential has been revoked.]. User Advice: [Agency to advise Business User that their Credential has been revoked and they should contact the issuing Certificate Authority for assistance.]
||You need to obtain a valid AUSkey. Please refer to the AUSkey website for more information or to register for an AUSkey.|
|D2A has been installed with an ABN that is not in APRA’s database.
||Incorrect result size: expected 1, actual 0
||You need to perform a new installation of D2A with an ABN that is in APRA’s database. The ABN of a D2A installation cannot be changed.|
|You are using an old version of D2A. All users of D2A must use version 5.3 or later to submit, view and retrieve data via D2A. Version 5.3 and later of D2A supports the use of AUSkey only.
||You are using an old version of D2A client. You must upgrade to the latest version in order to proceed
||You need to upgrade D2A to the latest version. Please refer to the D2A web page for more information.|
|You are trying to submit an out-dated return/form.
||Your submission contains a form version that has been superseded. Please refresh your forms before trying again
You need to:
- Save your return.
- Refresh your forms.
- Create a new return.
- Import the saved return (from step 1) into the new blank return.
- Submit your return.
Refer to the D2A Help Guide for specific instructions for each of these steps.
* The following entry may appear in the eciclient.log file. The eciclient.log file can be found in the location on your computer where D2A was installed. Refer to the "Installation" section of the D2A Help Guide.
D2A automatically detects an AUSkey installed to the default location. The ABN you use to install D2A must be the same as your AUSkey ABN. For Super Funds this must be the ABN of the Fund Trustee or External Administrator.
There are two possible causes of this issue:
- The ABN used to install D2A and the ABN of the AUSkey do not match. You need to either:
Your AUSkey is not installed in the default location. Refer to the AUSkey website for the default installation location of your AUSkey.
- install D2A with the correct ABN; or
- obtain an AUSkey with the correct ABN;
Note: AUSkey on a USB cannot be used with D2A. D2A does not support the use of Device AUSkeys.
Ensure you have the whole return open, not just a single form. Only complete returns can be submitted to APRA using D2A. Single forms cannot be submitted via D2A. Please refer to to the "Submitting a return" section of the D2A Help Guide.
A return/form may be missing from the Form Chooser because:
- You need to refresh your forms. Please refer to the "Requesting forms" section of the D2A Help Guide;
- The return/form is not required to be submitted by your organisation. D2A only downloads the forms that are required by your organisation; or
- The return/form is not due within the next 8 weeks. The Forms Chooser displays return periods due within the next 8 weeks.
If you believe that there is a return/form missing please contact the APRA Statistics department by emailing email@example.com.
An entity may be missing from the Entity Chooser because:
You need to update the Entity Chooser. Refer to the " Multiple entities — Updating entities list" section of the D2A Help Guide
You need to refresh your forms. Refer to the "Requesting all forms for multiple entities" section of the D2A Help Guide
If all the expected entities are not listed, contact the APRA registrar.
The AUSkey acknowledgement process must be completed before using AUSkey with D2A. To complete this process:
- Navigate and login to the APRA extranet using your AUSkey.
- In the left navigation bar click D2A > AUSkey Acknowledgement Request. This option is only available if:
Read the conditions related to the use of AUSkey and select agree to accept.
- The ABN of the AUSkey is the ABN of an APRA regulated entity. Non-regulated entities (e.g. GI Intermediaries) cannot complete the AUSkey acknowledgement process via the APRA Extranet (see below);
- The ABN of the AUSkey is not a Super fund. For Super Funds, the ABN of the AUSkey must be the ABN of the Fund Trustee; and
- The email address of the AUSkey must be the email address of the CEO, CFO, Prudential Contact or Company Secretary of the entity as per APRA’s database.
Please ensure the contact information for the CEO, CFO, Prudential Contact or Company Secretary is up to date in APRA’s database. Contact the APRA Registrar to update your details if required.
Non-regulated entities (e.g. GI Intermediaries) cannot complete the AUSkey acknowledgement process via the APRA Extranet. Please download the AUSkey Acknowledgement form and send the original to the APRA Registrar.
This message is received when opening a saved return that contains one or more invalid characters. This can be caused when copying text from applications such as Excel or Word. Refer to the "Entering data" section of the D2A Help Guide.
The saved return is corrupt and a new return will need to be started with the data re-entered.
Receipt emails are sent to the email address used when D2A is installed. To check this email address, open the About window from the Help menu.
D2A needs to be re-installed to change this email address.
Note: Receipt emails cannot be re-generated, however you can download previously submitted returns. Please refer to the "Downloading previously submitted returns" section of the D2A Help Guide.
PDF versions of select forms and returns only can be created using the Print PDF option from the File menu or the Print PDF toolbar button.
If you receive the error “Can't do Print PDF.... The option to Print PDF is currently unavailable for the selected form(s).”, the Print PDF option is not available for the form and you need to use using a third party PDF printer to create a PDF file of the form.
Please initially refer to the D2A Help Guide and if you need further assistance, call the D2A Help Desk on 02 9210 3400 between 9am and 5pm (Eastern Standard Time) Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.